Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Cliche 1. Fortune Favors the Bold.

It was true in the second century BCE and it's true now, right? -- Probably.  Well, fortune definitely favors the bold over the hide-under-your-bed-until-you-feel-like-it's-safe-to-come-out, that bed of course being in your "apartment" also known as your parents' basement.  
I spent far too long being scared of everything: rejection, embarrassment, derision. It stopped me from doing things outside of my comfort zone, and it sure as hell stopped me from having a whole lot of fun.  
I realized this a couple months ago - it's time to adult-up. Be bold. Say what you feel. Do what you want. Dare to be audacious. 


I joined an online dating website: free-harmony as I like to call it. Yes, there have been total skeezy-creepers on this website, but it wasn't and isn't all bad.  I learned how to date someone (partly from failing at it so horribly to begin with - I wouldn't say that I'm a serial monogamist, I would say that I go ballz deep quicker than I probably should...), and also learned that post-coital bragging can be a deal breaker. 


So it's Take 2 (technically Take 3 if you're counting that first dude from up north who tried to make me is flirty email friend and was actually married I later found out after slightly internet stalking him; I may be a creeper, but he is an attempted adulterer: WORSE) on the site and I'm, I have to admit, losing my optimism.  But, if I'm going to push this fucking cliche so hard, then I have to abide it. I will be bold. 




Fortune - prepare to favor all over me. 
. Mary . 

No comments:

Post a Comment